In only 50 days, Jon Favreau’s live action take on The Lion King premieres in theaters worldwide. Aside from a few trailers, we haven’t gotten much of a sneak peek at the movie until today. Disney finally released The Lion King’s official character posters with just a little under 2 months to go. I have so many emotions about seeing this movie in live action. If I know anything from when I saw Aladdin last week, I know that live action remakes are not EXACTLY the same as the original. However, I felt like this was the perfect time for me to share my top moments from The Lion King that I can’t wait to see in live action.
The Top 7 Moments I Can’t Wait to See
- Simba’s dedication. Obviously! We got to see some of Simba’s dedication in the official trailer and it looks BEAUTIFUL. And we already know from The Jungle Book that Favreau knows what he’s doing when it comes to animals and live action. I can’t wait to see this pulled off.
- Can’t wait to Be King. The boys and I play the sing a long version to this song on YouTube every. single. day. I’m pretty sure it’s our favorite song from the movie. How are they going to pull off that animal pyramid?!
- The elephant graveyard. An elephant graveyard is no place for a young prince, but I still hope to see it on screen! This is when the animated movie starts to get REAL.
- The stampede. I have mixed emotions about this moment. It’s going to be amazing but I don’t know if I’m ready to see the after effects look THAT real. I cannot!!! but I hope I will!
- Hakuna Matata. Simba meeting Timon and Pumba, and then his transition from a cub to an adult, I can’t wait to see that. I am also really really interested in hearing Donald Glover singing this!
- Asante Sana Squash Banana. It’s probably because I’m silly, but this is one of my favorite parts of the movie. The bare confusion from Simba when he and Rafiki meet (or re-meet?) and Rafiki’s singing crack me up every single time.
- The return to pride rock. I’m pretty sure this is the part of the movie RJ hates the most (he’s sensitive) but I know the meet up between Simba and Scar is going to be epic!
About The Lion King
Disney’s “The Lion King, directed by Jon Favreau, journeys to the African savanna where a future king is born. Simba idolizes his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his. The all-star cast includes Donald Glover as Simba, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as Nala, James Earl Jones as Mufasa, Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar, Seth Rogen as Pumbaa and Billy Eichner as Timon.
This movie is my childhood! I cannot wait to see how it is redone. Still waiting anxiously to hear Beyonce as Nala as well as the addition of the new song to the movie. Aladdin was redone amazing despite everyones doubts, and I have no doubt that this movie is going to exceed expectations especially with such an amazing cast.
What are you top moments from the Lion King? What are you looking forward to seeing done in live action?
Remember Who You Are – The Lion King is in theaters everywhere July 19th, 2019